Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

CarolynR I think it's important to read the passages that Paul quotes...
Captain Tiny Bulkhead
13509 posts

Posted at 12:25 pm on Oct 4, 2009

from the OT, and to put them into the context of the entire scriptures. We know God says He is "not willing that any should perish, but that all may come to repentance" and that Christ is the propitiation not only for our sins, "but also for the whole world." Those OT passages tell me that God is a very compassionate God, not the opposite. They tell me that His glory is *because* of His love and compassion. They tell me that He is merciful to those who trust in Him even though they have not led perfect lives.

Now, about Pharaoh and people like him... When it says God "raised him up," I think it probably doesn't mean when He made him, but rather when He raised him up to the throne. God foreknew Pharaoh's heart and that he would be a staunch unbeliever, and so it was easy to use Him to show His power to the rest of the world. God foresees all of our decisions for or against Him, but He has given us all the same chance to be saved.

You may not get the same answers from a Calvinist, but I firmly believe that Christ died for the sins of the whole world, and that we all have the opportunity for salvation.

This message has been edited 1 time(s).

Other messages in this thread: