Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

songbird in Exodus 10 verse 20 it says

Poop Deck Powder Monkey
8591 posts

Posted at 10:04 am on Oct 5, 2009

"But the *Lord* hardened Pharaoahs heart, so he would not let the children of Israel go."

more than once through this story, pharaoh decided to let the people go but the Lord hardened his heart. So if the Lord hardened his heart, how is that a choice pharaoh made?

and as for Jacob and Esau

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

it appears to me that G-d chose to with hold his favor from Esau although neither child had done anything good or evil. it appears to me that no matter what Esau did- he would never be "as" loved as Jacob was so even if he was not "doomed to destruction" he was still "less than" in G-ds eyes.

18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

IF G-d hardens your heart or choses to favor you (or hate you) even before you are born- i dont understand how we are all given the *same* chance to be saved.

this chapter has bothered me a little for lots of years, generally i choose to ignore and accept that it is over my head- but lately it keeps "showing up"

Other messages in this thread: