Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

Admin Questions about tithing in Malachi 3...

Administrator
27628 posts

Posted at 1:58 pm on Apr 17, 2010

Again, it's an exegesis thing. LOL

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." -3:10

So who is God speaking to when he is saying that he will pour out "so much blessing?" Does that apply to anyone who tithes and, if so, has anyone here faithfully tithed and seen your financial situation worsen? Is the blessing that we should expect, if this Scripture applies to all believers (because God says to deliberately test him and see if it isn't so) NOT material/physical? OR, is this just for the Israelites? (Not getting into the tithe or not issue, because I believe we are called to give back to God generously and cheerfully and that's not my question here. :o) I hear this Scripture given as a promise to all Christians and would like thoughts on that.

What about the fact that this tithe seems (to me) to clearly be *food* and not money? Does that make any difference in your answer/understanding?

Thank you if you've read through this!

Great minds DON'T think alike!!

Other messages in this thread: