Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

Des It's Friday, how was your week?
Blithe Bonny Boatswain
6394 posts

Posted at 10:17 am on Mar 30, 2012

Ours was a week of small accomplishments (baby steps). First we condensed weeks 28 and 29 in our history lessons. I decided that now was as good a time as any to add in our character study, so we did two lessons in Character Building for Families. We got math done and five chapters in Mountain Born, we're enjoying this. My 16yo. began his last module in algebra, got most of his lessons done in history (he's going to have to work on this over the summer). We pinched our pennies and ordered Second Form Latin and we'll begin that as soon as it arrives. I think we'll get as far as we can and finish it next year. I don't think he'll have any problems as the first several lessons are a review of what he's done in Henle. I sure wish Henle had workbooks. He's poised to get promoted again in C.A.P. Dh has a picnic at work and the younger ones and I are going with him to that, the older ones aren't interested so they'll stay home. Did I tell you guys that a few weeks ago one of our computers went down. My two older boys looked up possible problems on youtube, discovered what the problem was, begged me to help them purchase a motherboard, took the computer apart, replaced the motherboard and put it back together and it works! I'm definitely giving him some type of computer programming/fixing credit. That's not the only thing they've done, but it is the most impressive to me. I hope everyone had a great week and has a great weekend!!

Has anyone used Handwriting without tears? Did you like it? Was it easy to implement? Did you need the teacher's guides?

Other messages in this thread: