Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

elaine I don't know?

Marooned Me Matey
1515 posts

Posted at 5:32 pm on Apr 5, 2012

We did AWOA/Learning Adventures Series when ds was in 4th/5th/6th grades. I guess ds was younger in AWOA and did very well with it, even though it was advanced for him those first years. I read all of the main books to him as read-alouds. I checked out picture books and Usborne type books from the library and he read through those for history/science. We used the internet for a resource, too. It uses a lot of library resources, so the main education is coming from books. We also made a lot of lap books during our Learning Adventures years and had some fun activities and recipes to try.

We did MFW when he was in 7th/8th. Ds was older with MFW and I still read the literature books to him from Progeny Press, but he read all of the other texts by himself. (I plan on reading aloud to him until he graduates.) The curriculum includes a lot of books for history, for example Story of the World, that are written in a way that communicates easier than other history books I have read. This also included some fun things, but not as many.

Do you have a curriculum fair that is near you? MFW comes to our fair and I looked at all of the books there. There is no real way to know what will work best for your child until you try it.

They are both really good/solid programs, in my opinion.

This message has been edited 2 time(s).

Please excuse all grammar mistakes, typos, and anything else annoying I may do or say. :-D

Other messages in this thread: