Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

cellomom Brainstorming here. I'm trying to come up with an idea for an e-mailer or book or something

Capt. Lookatmy Broadside
14099 posts

Posted at 10:58 pm on Apr 11, 2012

so that I can make some extra money. We are fine, but the thought of ds not getting to go where he wants to go to school because of cost is getting to me. I know there are a lot of scholarships, but competition is tight.

So...most things that I am good at there are so many things for already. I suppose I would do best at honing in on the music area, but what service would you be willing to pay say either $10-$20 for an e-book or $5/month for a mailer? I could even come up with a paperbound book to mail out.

My initial thoughts are that along the lines of a listening schedule for a music appreciation course. I know Bright Ideas has one, but I was thinking of one that was very easily implemented and more for exposure than anything else...kind of like Ambleside but not the same composer for a whole semester.

Another idea was some kind of book that had different practice ideas, practice sheets, games, etc. I know there are some of those out there, too, so I don't know what new I could add to that.

I have only found 1 book that had musicians other than classical in it for the homeschool market. I'm not sure that is a strength of mine though.

There are also several books on hymns and how they came about, and of course on instruments and spiritual lives of composers.

Is there an area I'm overlooking that would be helpful to you?

"Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier." Mother Teresa

Other messages in this thread: