Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

Holly Truly, it's entirely up to you and based upon
Blithe Bonny Boatswain
6551 posts

Posted at 11:44 pm on May 2, 2012

whether you are going to create a standard 4 year transcript or go with a transcript by subject area. Inge Cannon recommends a transcript by subject area for an advanced student who earned significant credit prior to being high school age. Others will fight to the death to tell you this is a horrible, if not completely immoral idea (don't ask me how I know).

Do what you want and look at plenty of model transcripts.

I haven't yet decided what I will do. Even though my kid's 9th grade math was calculus, I'm probably going to go with a traditional four year transcript since he is continuing in his math studies each year. I trust colleges are smart enough to assume he had the prereqs. But for his 9th grade science, I'm actually combining a bunch of disparate activities he did in 8th and 9th grade that were high school level into a General Science credit that I feel good enough with from a carnegie unit standpoint.

At its heart, your question gets to a mastery vs seat time argument. You have to realize that schools have never promised kids will learn, only that they will be instructed, hence the whole evolution of the carnegie unit as a standard credit.

HTH (but I think it probably doesn't. these are muddy waters!)

edited for truly sophomoric grammar errors.

This message has been edited 3 time(s).

Blessings,
Holly
http://fromdiaperstodriversed.blogspot.com/

Other messages in this thread: