Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

IdaMay BOX day!
Capt. Lookatmy Broadside
14099 posts

Posted at 7:52 am on May 10, 2012

Well, it was a couple of days, ago. Life has been so busy, sorry this has been delayed.

YEAH, BOX DAY, HERE!!!!

One box was the Art program from Alpha Omega. "Mike's Inspiration Station" 26 projects on 12 DVDs. We have a drawing DVD from them. The DC will finish that for Introduction to Drawing [elective for HS, though I added a few projects I enjoyed from HS Art, too] This has a variety of things: a water color, pastels, using light and shading, simple puppets [will add sewing one, also, since I'll be teaching several of the DC to use a machine for simple things, anyway], using clay and other craft items. It says it is for 8-16 year olds, so I am hoping to use it for a hs elective by adding background infor on several artists and ??. Does that sound too lame for high school?

The other box? well it was....

wait for it, please

YEAH! YES!!!

alright!!!

Is it time to begin the next school year, yet???

The other box has our OYAN :D oh, so happy!!

One Year Adventure Novel!!!!

:D

The best part?

Our dyslexic is so excited!

Okay, for one for whom it has been 'pulling teeth' to get to write much of anything. Okay it isn't just difficult to get him to write, but it is difficult for him to write the way he has it in his head. He has been using Notgrass World History. It has a weekly writing assignment. These have helped his so very much! He loves History, as that has been a factor.

I was overjoyed to order this and see his excitement. Umm his struggling with attitude brother did not seem interested in this prior to it arriving. Now he wants to do it, also. Sorry, eldest dyslexic gets a head start on this one. The others can wait until the following year :) Okay to have any of the boys interested, well that is a great thing! I just want eldest to have a school year to work with this program before the other two burst through like gang busters.... he gets run over in enough areas... this one is his for the first 12 months. If they want to begin through their summer break, NEXT YEAR, I will let them. We have usually done some schooling through the summer. this year I scheduled things so they were to be done, all done by the middle of June [15??]. Eldest wants to rework his Spanish, since it because too much with his other subjects during the school year. He also wants to begin this, so he can use the summer and his two 11th grade semesters to complete it. He knows writing takes him longer. I think he is wise to plan ahead. :)

I have a couple of other things I need to get for next year. A couple of things I'd really like to get, too. We will see. If we get nothing else, we will be alright. This is great! Thank You, Lord for allowing this!

I can only teach you; you must educate yourself.

Other messages in this thread: