Home - Community   
Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

Mx5 Crescent Chicken Pot Pie

Poop Deck Powder Monkey
9578 posts

Posted at 12:55 pm on Sep 15, 2008

I made this the past 2 weeks, and the fam is begging for more.

Crescent Chicken Pot Pie
Serves: 6-7 adults

3# boneless,skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed (or substitute 3# of any cooked chicken)
3 chicken boullion cubes
1 cup water
1- 15oz. can whole potatoes
1 handful frozen peas
1 handful (probably 1 cup) baby carrots, sliced & cooked
2- 10.5 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
1- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 can crescent rolls
1/3 soup can of milk
pepper to taste

This is a great busy day recipe. Toss all the chicken plus a couple of chicken boullion cubes and 1 cup of water into a large crockpot; cook on "low" for 5-6 hours.

An hour and a half before serving, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice up some baby carrots and place them in a microwave safe bowl with the frozen peas and a couple tablespoons of water - cover with plastic wrap, vent, and cook on high for about 2 minutes, just long enough to cook the carrots but not make them mushy.

As the carrots/ peas are cooking, remove the chicken from the crockpot; cool a bit, then cut into small pieces. Save the broth in the crockpot for another day.

In a 13" x 9" pan, combine the soups & milk with a wire whisk. Then add in the diced potatoes, carrots, peas, and chicken.

Unroll the crescent rolls. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into long strips. Lay the strips over the top of the chicken mixture. (I lay 3 long strips and 4 short strips to make a grid pattern.)

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden and the chicken mixture is bubbling.

If you don't have time to cook, buy canned chicken (or use chicken or turkey leftovers, and for veggies just dump a can of Veg-all, drained, into the soup & chicken mixture.

Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean I

Other messages in this thread: