Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

Mx5 Crescent Chicken Pot Pie

Poop Deck Powder Monkey
9400 posts

Posted at 12:55 pm on Sep 15, 2008

I made this the past 2 weeks, and the fam is begging for more.

Crescent Chicken Pot Pie
Serves: 6-7 adults

Ingredients:
3# boneless,skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed (or substitute 3# of any cooked chicken)
3 chicken boullion cubes
1 cup water
1- 15oz. can whole potatoes
1 handful frozen peas
1 handful (probably 1 cup) baby carrots, sliced & cooked
2- 10.5 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
1- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 can crescent rolls
1/3 soup can of milk
pepper to taste

Method:
This is a great busy day recipe. Toss all the chicken plus a couple of chicken boullion cubes and 1 cup of water into a large crockpot; cook on "low" for 5-6 hours.

An hour and a half before serving, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice up some baby carrots and place them in a microwave safe bowl with the frozen peas and a couple tablespoons of water - cover with plastic wrap, vent, and cook on high for about 2 minutes, just long enough to cook the carrots but not make them mushy.

As the carrots/ peas are cooking, remove the chicken from the crockpot; cool a bit, then cut into small pieces. Save the broth in the crockpot for another day.

In a 13" x 9" pan, combine the soups & milk with a wire whisk. Then add in the diced potatoes, carrots, peas, and chicken.

Unroll the crescent rolls. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into long strips. Lay the strips over the top of the chicken mixture. (I lay 3 long strips and 4 short strips to make a grid pattern.)

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden and the chicken mixture is bubbling.

**Variations**
If you don't have time to cook, buy canned chicken (or use chicken or turkey leftovers, and for veggies just dump a can of Veg-all, drained, into the soup & chicken mixture.

Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean I

Other messages in this thread: