1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons sugar
1 hot dog bun
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons butter
1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar

Directions
In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chocolate chips, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and sugar, and mix well.

Split hot dog bun open lengthwise, without fully separating the 2 halves. Spoon ricotta mixture onto the bottom half of the bun. Gently press the top 1/2 down over the filling. Carefully slice into 4 "nuggets."

Mix egg, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small bowl. Set aside.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add butter and allow to coat the bottom of the skillet. Meanwhile, coat each nugget on all sides with the egg mixture. (You won't need to use all of the egg mixture.)

Once butter has melted, place nuggets in the skillet and, flipping occasionally, cook until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes.

Plate your nuggets and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

-------------------------------------

Note: this was originally a low-calorie recipe. I substituted back in the high-fat stuff and the real sugar. Also, if you're making several servings, you won't need an egg for each serving. I think I made 3 servings and used 2 eggs last time.

Linking original recipe

Link: Cannoli-stuffed French Toast Nuggets

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2011/01/12/CCHGL110_cannoli-stuffed-french-toast-nuggets_s4x3_al.jpg

This message has been edited 1 time(s).

Use both lanes to merge point.

Other messages in this thread: