Home - Community   

Forums | Search | Index Login | Register  

Windy My son's Low Carb Almond Flour Muffins

Scurvy Sea Horse
12903 posts

Posted at 11:51 am on Dec 31, 2011

Low Carb Almond Flour Muffins:

2 c. almond flour (he used Trader Joe's Almond Meal, which we assume is the same as almond flour, which is great for baking and breading)

2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, melted

4 eggs

1/3 c. Water

Sugar-free sweetener (about 1/3 cup) (we didn't have liquid sweetener so we opened up packets to make 1/3 cup).

a couple of drops of bourbon vanilla (he added this for more flavor. We bought Pure Bourbon Vanilla extract at Trader Joe's. He did some research and found out that vanilla extract with "alcohol" in it is less carbs than the regular vanilla extract, which has sugar cane in it.)

24 frozen rasperberries, cut in half (he froze them so they wouldn't sink to the bottom as easily)

Preheat oven to 350. Butter muffin tins. Next time I think we will try using the paper muffin cups, because they were a bit hard to get out of the tins (or else use more spray or butter the pans better).

Mix dry ingredients together well. Mix in wet ingredients, except for the raspberries. Put in tins 1/2 to 2/3 full and then drop in 4 of the half raspberries into each tin. (Berries are fairly low in carbs compared to other fruits. You could also try blueberries). Bake for about 18 minutes. They won't get super "brown" on top, so just test them with a toothpick for doneness. :)

Enjoy!

Other messages in this thread:

• My son's Low Carb Almond Flour Muffins - Windy - 11:51:34 AM on 12/31/2011 (2)
    • Thanks! [NT] - Leigh Ann - 4:46:00 PM on 12/31/2011
    • Thank you! [NT] - Kim in TX - 4:31:38 PM on 12/31/2011